Texas-Armenian Whole Smoked Lamb BBQ Feast, by III Mas BBQ
Los Angeles is home to some of the most interesting food from around the world. And this melting pot has a new player in town. Introducing:
III MAS: TEXAS-ARMENIAN BBQ
Chef Arthur Grigoryan is as much a scholar or historian of food as he is a rising star chef. Having honed his techniques in Paris at Drouant and continuing to grow as a chef under Nancy Silverton at Osteria Mozza, Chef Arthur combines his extensive knowledge of Armenian and Mesopotamian cooking with modern techniques to do his take on Texas-style BBQ. His concept III Mas is named after the neighborhood where his family was from in Armenia.
THE WHOLE LAMB FEAST
This experience will be hosted at Chef Arthur's family estate, where guests will convene at spacious tables poolside to be served course after course of mind-blowing dishes steeped in history. The centerpiece of course is the whole roasted lamb, cooked over white and red oak. Prix Fixe, with Armenian wines. Here's a sneak preview of the menu:
Pita Bread: prized III Mas recipe of slowly fermented dough, baked in a wood fired oven.
- Himmas Kassa: a chickpea spread dating back to 14th century Egypt which is known as the precursor to modern day hummus.
Grandma’s Falafel: falafel recipe dating back 4 generations, taught to Chef's grandmother by her own mother.
Jajik Slaw: coleslaw of cucumber, cabbage, and fennel dressed with yogurt and herbs, a hybrid of tsatsiki and coleslaw.
- Sujukh Links: Armenian beef sausages, heavily spiced with cumin and garlic, traditionally hung and left to dry, however this version involves smoking it like you would a Texas hot link.
Ttu: Armenian style pickled Vegetables (also known as Torshi)
- Sauces: Pomegranate Calabrian Chili BBQ, Peach Amba
Whole Smoked Lamb Main Course: whole smoked lamb slowly cooked over white and red oak in the ancient tradition of preparing lamb known as “Matagh.”
- Dessert: Chef Tokatlian’s Kadayif a.k.a “Aish El Saraya" rosewater milk custard "bread pudding"
- Wines: a selection of California grown, Armenian made wines by Kareen Wines from Lodi, CA
A history lesson. A delicious feast. A truly unique Los Angeles culinary experience. Come celebrate Armenian food, wine, and culture with rising star III Mas.
WHAT: Prix Fixe Whole Smoked Lamb Feast with Armenian wines by III Mas, fixed cost of $180.
WHEN: Saturday July 23rd, 7:00 PM
WHERE: Sherman Oaks (address will be provided to guests upon ticket purchase)
Share this link with the people you love.
Tickets are non refundable*